Provide effective and efficient administrative support that is welcoming, informed and well-resourced to act as the central contact point for internal and external matters in line with the Key Duties & Responsibilities as outlined.
Key Job Responsibilities
- To ensure that Head Office Reception Desk is effectively staffed to provide to needs of internal and external customers on working days from 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday and once a fortnight, 8am – 12midday.
- Points of communication are performed as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Timely and secure office Access is provided in accordance with SOP.
- Front Desk station is accessible, resourced/helpful, clean, hazard free and presentable at all times according to SOP.
- Visitor meet & greet.
- Assist and maintain appropriate stocking & supply of office amenities, stationary, equipment, ancillary/facilities maintenance to support all Departmental operations.
- All company information is up to date, and confidential information is secured.
- Communication - Public and staff Notices/Signage current and presentable at all times.
- OHS Risks minimised and hazards reported.
- Office Courier (Driver) Services – In accordance with SOP, effectively and efficiently co-ordinate all courier runs/services with the Corporate Support Officer (CSO).
- Co-ordinate all daily incoming/outgoing Office Mail
- Office facility/ ancillary services – Ensure the Head Office fixtures, fittings are in good order at all times.
- Be pro-active and act as the central point of Administration Assistance and support for KL Head Office in accordance with SOP.
- Supply Chain - Purchase Order issuance, purchase & distribution of stationary, amenities, office & IT equipment and motor fleet servicing for the Administration Division.
- Admin Support - Scheduling Departmental client/meetings/interviews for EBT as required.
- Liaise, support and co-ordinate effectively with CSO & Corporate Affairs Manager (CAM) for additional duties.
- Fleet (motor vehicle) Maintenance
- Maintain effective internal and external working relationships
- Report to DFC or thier delegate for daily duties and directions as required
- Liaise with the DFC for Supply Chain (Stationary, Amenities, Office furniture/equipment and other Office Supplies as required)
- Inter-Company with PNGM/NF for fleet, TNT for Couriers and other Enities for inter-co mail.
- Report to DFC for empolyment relations matters, improve ideas, grievances or concerns with the regards to entire job and how it functions.
- MVIL for Fleet Registration
- Wholesalers/ Retail for Office Amenities & Stationary
- MS Office Suite – Word, Outlook, Excel
- Planning, Organising and Time Management
- Customer Service Skills
- Enjoy, understand and practice strong team work dynamics.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- 1-3 years in similar Admin Role in a busy Corporate Office environment located at a Front Office/Reception desk, with additional office administration responsibilities.
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Certificate IV Business Administration /Office management
- Minimum Grade 10 to 12 High School Certificate
- Experience in an internal firm services/support role
- Excel PowerPoint presentation programme and hardware set-up
- Fleet Management support
- Supply Chain support
- Have a passion for Customer Service and helping people.
- Ability to effectively prioritise daily workload using technology.
- Communicate with care, respect and understanding of internal and external customers.
- Handle changing deadlines and work schedules.
- Willing to take on new challenges as part of professional growth and development.
- Excellent personal credibility and self confidence in dealing with Staff and Management at all levels.
This role suits a person who enjoys interaction with people, being in the centre of a hub of activity and likes to be pro-active – both mentally and physically. The role is situated at the Reception Desk, receiving/making phone-calls and emailing. It is a job that is heavily administrative, indoors, long periods of being seated all day, extended computer use and occasionally lifting items like stationary, cleaning/office supplies and providing refreshments from the kitchen.
Working hours - Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm and 8am to 12pm on one fortnightly Saturday. Working on public holidays may be required if the need arises and Public Holiday pay is paid accordingly.
Location - Kenmore Limited Head Office, Ela Beach, Port Moresby.
Training - In recognition of your contribution, we in turn will provide on-the-job training as well as soft skill training at the Kenmore Training Centre to advance your workplace professional development.
Restrictions - This is position is for candidates who are already permanently living in Port Moresby. This position is open to PNG Citizens only.
Remuneration - Will be commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Probation - A three (3) month probationary period will be undertaken to ascertain the suitability of the candidate before a full time position is appointed
Our Online Recruitment & Selection Process
Our process has moved online with the aim to reduce the time it takes to hire a person, but best of all, we have made it easier and more cost-effective for our Candidates to apply for jobs with us.
No more costly scanning, photo-copying or paying for postage or transport costs to deliver your application by mail or hand-delivery. Simply organise your updated Resume & Certificates then upload your documents.
By having an online Application process, we are able to receive many Applications and EVERY Candidate who applies can also undertake two short Assessments and then the process is done! And it only took 1 hour of your time.
You should then receive the outcome of your Application within 24 hours (except weekends of course). Our faster process will help you to remain in the employment market due to you receiving timely and clear updates from us.
In order for you to not miss out on the opportunity to be selected, you must check your E-mails and phone daily for our reply as directions and any updates regarding our recruitment process will automatically be emailed to you, with some phone contact from us until a final appointment is made.
At the final interview, all original certificates and qualifications are required to be presented and sighted by the Interviewer. A Background Check is also conducted for all respective Candidates.
- To be undertaken on a Desktop PC or a Laptop PC with a reliable Internet connection. We strongly recommend that you do not use a mobile phone because phone calls received can interfere with your access and process.
- Upload an Expression of Interest Letter, Application Form, Resume + Certificates.
- After the Application Forms have been completed, proceed to undertake the required Assessments. Ensure that there are no distractions or disturbances around you during this time. This may take from 40 - 50 minutes but some candidates may complete this in less time.
- We will not be able to view your Application unless you have fully completed the Assessments as well.
- Note that you will need to complete the Application Process and the Assessments in one sitting. If you leave the session, it will time-out and you will have to re-commence.
- All Candidates who pass Round 1 will be invited to book a date and time on our Online Calendar for Round 2 In-House Skills Assessment which will be conducted at our premises.
Helpful Interview Tips:
For some helpful guidelines and tips on how to successfully attend an interview, go to http://www.wikihow.com/Have-a-Good-Job-Interview