Responsible for performing HR-related duties at a professional level, working closely with HR manager in supporting designated initiatives and strategies. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas of recruitment/employment, on boarding, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Skills & Abilities
1. Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
2. Conducts recruitment campaigns for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program and writes and places advertisements
3. Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
4. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Assist in maintaining company organization charts and documents in relation to.
5. Handles incoming and exit interviewing requirements.
6. Participates in contributing to department goals, objectives and systems.
7. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
8. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the HR section and services performed.
9. Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
10. Maintains compliance with government regulations concerning employment.
11. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Effective self-management and organisational skills when dealing with multiple deadlines
- Excellent customer service oriented skills that are integrated into person-to-person contact
- Team work skills to expedite and assist sectional objectives as and when required
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Project management
- CHRIS21 Software use
- Advanced MS Word/Office Excel
- Assisting in development and implementation of HR Policies and/or functions.
- 2-3 years proven work experience in a similar role working on similar tasks detailed in Key Job Responsibilities
- Excellent working knowledge of the PNG Government Regulations
- Diploma or higher in Human Reource Management
- Proficient in MS Office Suite- Word, Excel and Outlook
- Class 1 Drivers Licence
- Current PNGHR Institute Membership
- Display a strong work ethic and takes responsibility of own performance
- Respectful and tactful when dealing with people of different backgrounds
- Goal-oriented approach towards job performance
- Conscientious, yet dependable and self-disciplined.
This role involves extended hours of being seated whilst preparing documents, using office equipment and computers, which can cause eye and muscle strain. Periodical lifting of office supplies and materials. The rest of the time is spent at Government Offices travelling to and from the Office. The job requires meeting and communicating with new international hires, company management and government officers. Frequent interruptions with changing deadlines may cause stress, therefore effective self-management is an essential ability. Due to the extensive mental and knowledge based nature of the job, periods of intense concentration are required when preparing multiple documents.
Working hours - Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm and 8am to 12pm on one fortnightly Saturday. Working on public holidays may be required if the need arises and Public Holiday pay is paid accordingly.
Location - Kenmore Limited Head Office - Ela Beach Tower, Port Moresby.
Restrictions - This is position is for candidates who are already permanently living in Port Moresby. This position is open to PNG Citizens only.
Remuneration - Will be commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Probation - Full time employment will be subject to successful completion of a probationary period of three (3) months.
Our Online Recruitment & Selection Process
Our process has moved online with the aim to reduce the time it takes to hire a person, but best of all, we have made it easier and more cost-effective for our Candidates to apply for jobs with us.
No more costly scanning, photo-copying or paying for postage or transport costs to deliver your application by mail or hand-delivery. Simply organise your updated Resume & Certificates then upload your documents.
By having an online Application process, we are able to receive many Applications and EVERY Candidate who applies can also undertake two short Assessments and then the process is done! And it only took 1 hour of your time.
You will then receive the outcome of your Application within 24 hours (except weekends of course). Our faster process will help you to remain in the employment market due to you receiving timely and clear updates from us.
In order for you to not miss out on the opportunity to be selected, you must check your E-mails and phone daily for our reply as directions and any updates regarding our recruitment process will automatically be emailed to you, with some phone contact from us until an final appointment is made.
At the final interview, all original certificates and qualifications are required to be presented and sighted by the Interviewer. A Background Check is also conducted after the final interview.
- To be undertaken on a Desktop PC or a Laptop PC with a reliable Internet connection. We strongly recommend that you do not use a mobile phone.
- Ensure there are no distractions or disturbances around you during this time. This will take approximately 1 hour, but some candidates may complete this in less time.
- Upload an Expression of Interest Letter, Application Form, Resume + Certificates.
- Complete a brief Aptitude (20 minutes) and Personality Profile Assessment (no time limit, however, it should take 15-20 minutes)
TO APPLY - CLICK ON THIS LINK
IMPORTANT: All Applications for this vacancy will only be received via this link.
- All Candidates who pass Round 1 will be invited to book a date and time on our online Calendar for Round 2 In-House Skills Assessment which will be conducted at our premises.