Suited to an experienced Trade/Technical professional. The addition of background in Real Estate/Property development operational experience would be an added advantage. An appointment will be made for each of the Port Moresby and Lae branches respectively. If operational excellence is your strength, then this job is yours!
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, your primary role will be to provide on-site and works supervision to the maintenance team ensuring that all scheduled works are performed at optimum levels and requirements in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures.
- Effectively and efficiently oversee the Job Card system targeted at 100% completion and act in a pro-active manner to address potential shortfalls.
- Provide technical leadership in maintaining high quality work standards with a hands-on approach as needed.
- Enforce and promote strict adherence to company polices and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in regards to:
- Internal and external procurement and supply, inventory and warehousing of materials
- Assignment/allocation of staffing and materials (cost and estimate) for both internal works and external contractor works including but not limited to on-going, scheduled maintenance and project works implementation.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Regulatory employees and officials, representatives of outside agencies, and the general public
- Oversee, maintain and enforce implementation of Occupational Health and Safety policy in in accordance with Company policy and procedures
- Staff training and development
- Maintain a staff training programme in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Lead the on-site co-ordination of Apprentices and their associated Tradesman ensuring skills transfer.
- Other reasonable duties as and when required by Property Management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Minimum Level 3 Trade Test Certificate from NATTB in the building & construction trade
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in maintenance with two (2) years in a supervisory role and Real estate experience would be advantageous
- Tertiary qualification in the building and construction field would be preferred.
- Strong knowledge in Occupational Health & Safety
- Skilled in all aspects of construction and property maintenance including warehousing
- Technical knowledge of modern electronics, domestic facilities and equipment.
- Proficient MS Office, computer/mobile devices, email, office and Accpac and other real estate management software is essential.
- Must be physically and mentality fit
- Proven skills such as time management, customer, sales, team, problem resolution are essential.
- Good interpersonal, people and leadership skills with an excellent ability to prioritize workloads
- Collaborative team approach to problem solving with staff, managers and customers alike.
- In excellent physical health. Employment may be subject to passing a medical assessment.
- Police clearance certificate required.
- Class 1 or Class 3 Driver’s licence is essential
The role is physically demanding and requires a physically fit and healthy candidate with good manual dexterity and the ability to clearly distinguish the colors used to identify wires. There is also an equal amount of time required to be seated indoors at a Computer as required as part of the administration of the overall job. Safety on the job is important and requires a careful, detail-oriented approach. Jobs may take place at businesses, homes in high-rise buildings and apartments. Climbing and lifting heavy items occurs frequently and work in extreme temperatures and heights. The ability to hold the arm and hand steady when supporting a tool, wires or a piece of pipe, the ability to use the fingers to manipulate small objects and the ability to coordinate movements of both hands is required. Vision should be sufficient to spot problems, use measuring devices and line up fittings properly. Occasionally, you may need to work in a prone position (lying face down) or in cramped/confined spaces, so the ability to do so while maintaining coordination between multiple limbs is important.
Working Days- Monday to Friday and once a fortnight on Saturdays or as the operation requires. Due to emergencies, work at night, or on weekends may occur from time to time. Working on public holidays may be required if the need arises and Public Holiday pay is paid accordingly.
Location - Kenmore Limited Property Division - 1 x located in Lae and 1 x located in Port Moresby
Restrictions - This is position is for candidates who are already permanently living in Port Moresby or Lae. This position is open to PNG Citizens only.
Remuneration - Will be commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Probation - Full time employment will be subject to successful completion of a probationary period of three (3) months.
Upload to this website, your Letter of Interest, CV and Supporting Documents / Certificates of Education/Training.
Address to The General Manager - Kenmore Property Division
You may choose one method of application:
- Upload your documents directly to this website OR
- Hand Deliver to Kenmore Property Division, Dogura Place, 6 Mile OR
- Email to the address: email@example.com
Applications close on 12:59PM Sunday 31January 2021.
The Recruitment & Selection Process
Only shortlisted candidates who meet our requirements will be contacted. Should you be contacted for an interview; we require all original certificates and their respective Transcripts for sighting by the interviewer.
So that you do not miss out on the opportunity to be selected, we encourage you to have the correct contact details on your CV.
We wish you all the best.