1 x GLAZIER
All aspects of the trade including, but not limited to general maintenance, installation of all window types, shower screens, glass doors. Experience in the fabrication / installation of aluminium window and associated products would be an advantage.
- Excellent technical trade skills from troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical skills that use logic, math and verbal reasoning are essential.
- Effective time, resource (materials) management.
- Excellent interpersonal and literacy skills.
- Proficient level of computer literacy – MS Word/excel/Outlook would be advantageous
- Trades Certificate from NATTB or similar is essential. Only candidates with NATTB Trade Testing Certificates, Trades Certificate or APTC Certificate III should apply.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience
- Occupational Health and Safety certification
- PNG and relevant international building codes and standards
- Interpreting building drawings, plans, diagrams as per job/task/project specifications.
- Building repairs and maintenance assessments and report writing
- Soft-skill (time management, customer, sales, team, problem resolution) certification would be advantageous.
- Responsive & preventative maintenance schedule management
- Schematic diagrams, plans would be advantageous but not essential
- Effective use and care of all tools of the trade, equipment, specialized tools, parts, fixtures and fittings and materials
- Customer focused approach to daily job
- Pro-active, positive work attitude, reliable and self-motivated
- Display passion and pride in one’s technical field
- Display technical leadership and on-going self-learning
- Work autonomously and with teams as required
- Ability to prioritize workloads
- Collaborative team approach to problem solving with staff, managers and customers alike
- In excellent physical health. Employment will be subject to passing a medical assessment.
- Police clearance certificate required.
- Class 1 or Class 6 Driver’s licence would be advantageous
- Work at heights, in confined spaces, using ladders, climb, kneel and lay flat on back or on stomach. Display strong hand-eye coordination with the physical ability to lift heavy objects, crawl, crouch, kneel, bend, stand/on your feet for long periods of time. Dealing with hazardous objects and in hazardous areas.
You may choose one method of application
Address all applications to The General Manager - Kenmore Property Division
1. Upload your documents directly to this website or,
2. Hand Deliver to Kenmore Property Division, Dougra Place, 6 Mile or,
3. Email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include an Expression of Interest Letter, CV, Employment References, Trade Certificates/Licences and any other educational/professional/course certificates
Applications close on 16th February 2020.
We wish you all the best.