Our property portfolio is seeking to recruit a trade qualified electrician that is pro-active, technically savvy and displays technical leadership and pride in one's field.
All aspects of the trade including, but not limited to understanding of building and industrial electrical maintenance with a proven ability with electrical wiring/termination of new and existing facilities, maintenance, repairs of motors/pumps/water heaters, power generators, electrical panel boards, fault finding, installations and commissioning
MAIN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend daily maintenance request and are not limited to
- Installation, service and repair of light fixtures, electrical panels, outlets and wiring.
- Installation, service and repair of white goods, motors and other electrical equipment.
- Daily checking of common area – hallway lightings, pumps, Generators and boilers
- Operates power hand tools and other specialized electrical equipment.
- Requisitions of material and supplies from stockroom; calls Supervisors/Managers and Warehouse Clerk to discuss needs for parts and supplies.
- Ensure that job cards are properly filled up and forwarded to maintenance/costumer relations office for updating.
Skills, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Trades Certificate from NATTB or similar is essential. Only candidates with NATTB Trade Testing Certificates, Trades Certificate or APTC Certificate III should apply. PNG and relevant international building codes and standards
- PNG Power Licence is essential with minimum 2-3 years’ work experience
- Occupational Health and Safety certification
- Interpreting building drawings, plans, diagrams as per job/task/project specifications.
- Building repairs and maintenance assessments and report writing
- Prvoen soft-skills (time management, customer, sales, team, problem resolution) certification would be advantageous.
- Responsive & preventative maintenance schedule management
- Schematic diagrams, plans would be advantageous but not essential
- Pro-active, positive work attitude, reliable and self-motivated
- Work autonomously and with teams as required
- Ability to prioritize workloads
- Collaborative team approach to problem solving with staff, managers and customers alike
- In excellent physical health. Employment may be subject to passing a medical assessment.
- Police clearance certificate required.
- Class 1 or Class 6 Driver’s licence would be advantageous
- Work at heights, in confined spaces, using ladders, climb, kneel and lay flat on back or on stomach. Display strong hand-eye coordination with the physical ability to lift heavy objects, crawl, crouch, kneel, bend, stand/on your feet for long periods of time. Dealing with hazardous objects and in hazardous areas.
- Monday to Friday and once a fortnight on Saturdays. Due to emergencies, work at night, or on weekends may occur from time to time. Working on public holidays may be required if the need arises and Public Holiday pay is paid accordingly. Location
- Kenmore Limited Property Division- 6 Mile Industrial AreaRestrictions
- This is position is for candidates who are already permanently living in Port Moresby. This position is open to PNG Citizens only.Remuneration
- Will be commensurate to qualifications and experience.Probation
- Full time employment will be subject to successful completion of a probationary period of three (3) months. TO APPLY
Upload to this website, your Letter of Interest, CV and Supporting Documents / Certificates of Education/Training and Trade Certificate.
Address to The General Manager - Kenmore Property Division
You may choose one method of application:
1. Upload your documents directly to this website OR
2. Hand Deliver to Kenmore Property Division, Dougra Place, 6 Mile OR
3. Email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplications close on 12:59 Sunday 31 January 2021. The Recruitment & Selection Process
Only shortlisted candidates who meet our requirements will be contacted. Should you be contacted for an interview; we require all original certificates and their respective Transcripts for sighting by the interviewer.
So that you do not miss out on the opportunity to be selected, we encourage you to have the correct contact details on your CV.
We wish you all the best.